Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Saying Goodbye... For Now

It's my first full day back in the States after visiting South Africa, China, and Korea. I am struggling to keep my eyes open! Hopefully it won't take too long for me to adjust to this time zone...

Since leaving Zambia nearly a month ago I have been asked several times if I think I will be back to Africa someday, back to Kabwe. I can't of course say for sure, only God knows, but there are people in Kabwe who have taken such a hold on my heart that I can't imagine never seeing them again so even if it isn't to live, I do feel I will be back to visit someday.

I'm enrolled for classes at Spring Arbor University starting in September. I was hoping to find a more specialized area of study after working in the field but for now I'll be studying toward a degree in Global Studies. I may continue to post entries from time to time but as uneventful as school generally is, will probably be quite rare! :)

It's been an incredably significant year in my life and to bring it to a close is something I have been very reluctant to do (thus the overdue entry - sorry!). Even if I am no longer living in Kabwe or working with Hands at Work I know those experiences have become part of me and will continue to be for the months and years to come. As far as I'm concerned it's not over.

Thanks for reading and keeping me in your prayers!

1 comment:

Dan, Angelica & Jacob said...

Hi Emily, Glad you´re back safely and ready to start a new chapter at Spring Arbor. Hope you had a great time with your mom in China. Remember you´re always welcome to visit us in Mexico. Keep checking our blog at www.rocajem.blogspot.com or email us at swanyriver@aol.com. Keep in touch. Dan, Angelica & Jacob