Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It’s been a busy day and I’m looking forward to climbing into bed, but I just felt I should first update you on David since it’s been a couple days…

I know I can’t let appearances fool me, but David is looking much better. The swelling around his feet has dropped several cm’s and he was able to get his shoes on for the first time yesterday. When I walked into the yard he was outside with his mother and he tottered over and clutched my leg for me to pick him up… talk about melting my heart. Today he went the whole day without vomiting or diarrhea, and despite his whimper of ‘I have no power’ in Nianja, he had plenty of ‘power’ to try fighting away the chicken puree and soy mince. And while he still has a temperature it has stayed below 100 F rather than the constantly fluctuating temperatures of the last few days. And his weight has dropped a kg!

Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but days like these are definitely encouraging. I got a devious little grin out of him on one of his good days last week and I’m determined to get another one.

Thank you for all of your prayers, don’t let up!

No comments: